The purpose of the Chinese Taipei Association of Family Medicine is to promote family medicine research and development, to develop a family medicine specialist system in Taiwan, to strengthen contact and exchange with international family medicine organizations, and to raise primary medical care and family medicine standards in Taiwan.
- To promote the development of a family physician specialist system.
- To issue family medicine publications.
- To hold family medicine academic lectures and seminars, and to encourage family physicians to pursue academic and advanced study.
- To perform tasks pertaining to family medicine specialist certification.
- To strengthen contact and exchange with international family medicine organizations.
- To promote other family medicine related matters.
- Jan. 1986: Publication of the "Primary Medical Care & Family Medicine" journal.
- Mar. 1, 1986: The Association's inaugural convention is held in the Li Hsueh building at the Kaohsiung Medical College.
- Feb. 10, 1986: Since this date the Association has conducted 51 continuing medical education programs in conjunction with the Department of Family Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital.
- 1987: The first agent asked by Government to implement family medicine specialty certification examination and residency training program accreditation.
- May 2, 1988: The Association becomes a group member of the World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA).
- 1988: -present Association receives the "National Outstanding Social Organization" award from the Ministry of the Interior thirteen times.
- Nov. 1-7, 1989: President Wei-Chuan Hsieh with more than 40 members of the Association attend the "First International Conference on Primary Health Care" in Beijing, China. The delegation presents more than ten research papers and reports at the conference. This is the first time a Taiwanese group is officially approved to attend an international conference in the PRC.
- July 1990: Since this date the Association has jointly published the bimonthly "Formosan Journal of Medicine" continuing education column together with the Formosan Medical Association.
- Mar. 13, 1991: A press conference is held in celebrating Association's fifth anniversary and to reintroduce the family medicine specialist system.
- Mar. 1991: Publication of the Chinese Journal of Family Medicine.
- Dec. 27 1991: The Association office is moved to its present and permanent address.
- May 27, 1994: The "International Conference on Primary Health Care" is held in the Chieh Shou Hall of Veterans General Hospital in Taipei. The main topic is "Integration of Preventive Services into Primary Health Care". Attendees include experts from Britain, Canada, Japan, the United States, and Taiwan. Conclusions and suggestions are submitted to the Department of health, Executive Yuan.
- June 15, 1994: The "R.O.C. Family Medicine Association Bulletin" is published to provide updated information on Association activities to its members.
- July 1994: The Chinese name of the Association's publication "Primary Medical Care & Family Medicine" is changed.
- July 1996: The first Taiwanese edition family medicine Textbook, "Family Medicine", is published.
- Mar. 6-10, 1999: The Association holds the WONCA Asia-Pacific Regional Conference. The conference topic is "Health for All by the Year 2000: Family Medicine - Meeting Old Challenges."
- June 2000: 2nd edition of “family Medicine” published.
- Sep. 2000: Our association officially changed its name to: “Chinese Taipei Association of Family Medicine”.
- Apr. 2002: Compilation of the “Sheet of Family Medicine”, which is the best tool for the family doctors in the teaching of Public Health Care to the population
- July 2002: Publication of the “Manual of Clinical Family Medicine”, which is a recollection of local experts and scholars experiences in analyzing the most common diseases found in clinical practice. It is one of the best reference manuals gathering the efforts and experiences of most family doctors to diagnose the most common diseases found in clinical practice.
- Sep. 12-15, 2002: The representatives of the Macau Medicine General Practitioners Association called on Professor Yin-Hwa Hsieh, Chin-Yu Chen and representatives from other relevant institutions to highlight the importance of family medicine academic exchange between the Chinese-Macau communities.
- March 2003: Photography family doctor guidance short film, to populace force concrete guidance family doctor system.
- January 2004: “Prevention Health Care –physical examination” was published.
- July 30-31, 2005: The Association held the Four Parties Joint Meeting of Family Medicine/ General Practice Conference. There were many representatives came from Hong Kong, Macau and Beijing to attend this conference. The representatives discussed the development of Family Medicine between Hong Kong-Macau-Beijing-Taiwan, family doctor and preventing and controlling emerging disease, the system of family medicine and the health management information system, share the experience of Taiwan of the community medical service groups.
- June 2006: 3rd edition of “Family Medicine” and 2nd edition of “Clinical Handbook of Family Physician¡vwere published.
- June 2008: “Preventive Medicine” were published.
- July 12-13, 2008: The Association held the Four Parties Conference on Family Medicine. There were 110 representatives came from Hong Kong, Macau and Beijing to attend this conference. The representatives discussed the development of Family Medicine between Hong Kong-Macau-Beijing-Taiwan, the experience of community primary care, the prevention and controlling plans on chronic disease.
- March 2009: The name of the Association's publication "Primary Medical Care & Family Medicine" was changed into "Family Medicine & Primary Medical Care ".
- March 2010: Handling the Wenchuan post-earthquake reconstruction plan with Guo Fan Foundation, and singed the cooperation intention statement with The Red Cross Society of the Republic of China, First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College of Xian Jiaotong University.
- July 2010: To compile The Policy Recommendations for the Development of Family Physician System in Taiwan, this is an analysis of execution results on evidence base and policy suggestions in a view of the Family Physician System from 2003 to 2009.
- October 2010: To compiled the “Clinical Handbook for Adult Immunization”, which is the best tool for family doctors to public promoting adult immunization on clinical practical guidelines.
- December 2010: 3rd edition of “Clinical Handbook of Family Physician¡vwas published.
- April, 2011: The association printed and posted the poster of “519 World Family Doctor Day” to celebrate the special day with the global family physicians.
- June, 2011: To compiled the “The Future and Proposals of the Integrated Health Care in Taiwan”, which is from many views to probe the current situation and future development of the Integrated Health Care in Taiwan, and provide policy suggestions.
- April, 2012: The association designed a new version poster to celebrate 2nd “519 World Family Doctor Day” with the global family physicians.
- July 1, 2012: The association designed Tripartite International Symposium – Taiwan, Japan & Korea, the theme is: Community Medicine in Resident Training.
- March 4-8, 2015: The Association held the WONCA Asia-Pacific Regional Conference. The conference theme was "Family Medicine: New Horizons and Challenges." And at the same time the Association held the Cross-Strait Quadripartite Conference on Family Medicine.
Main Activities and Projects
- To hold academic conference Regularly.
- To conduct certification examination & initial screening for re-certification of Taiwanese family medicine specialist on behalf of the Department of Health, Executive Yuan.
- To accredit family medicine specialist education and residency training programs on behalf of the Department of Health, Executive Yuan.
- To implement research projects on behalf of the Department of Health, Executive Yuan.
- To assist the establishment of family medicine departments at teaching hospitals in accordance to family medicine training guidelines.
- To promote a family physician specialist system and study on issues of National Health Insurance policy.
- To conduct international cooperation & exchange programs to raise local primary care quailty.
The Association is vested under the Board of Directors, Board of Supervisors and following 13 working committees:
- Specialty certification committee
- Continuing medical education committee
- Teaching & training committee
International affairs advisory committee
- Public relations & WONCA committee
- Mainland China academic relations committee
- Policy & regulation committee
- National health insurance committee
- Budget committee
- Medicine information committee
- Literary and Welfare committee
- Prevention and health protection committee
Board of Directors
|President||HWANG, SHINN-JANG||Vice President of Taipei Veterans General Hospital|
|Vice President||LEE, LONG-TENG||President of Taipei Renji Hospital|
|Vice President||SHIH,CHIN-CHUAN||Superintendent of Lien An Clinic|
|Standing Director||LIN, CHENG-CHIEH||Dean, College of Medical of China Medical University Director, Ph.D.Program of Aging Professor, Family Medicine Geriatric Medicine & Health Administration Consultant, China Medical University Hopital|
|Standing Director||LIN, CHUN-CHIEH||Superintendent of Ruey-An Family Doctor Clinic|
|Standing Director||CHANG, HUAN-CHENG||President of Landseed Hospital|
|Standing Director||HUANG, CHENG-KUO||Superintendent of Huang Cheng Kuo Clinic|
|Standing Director||HUANG, KUO-CHIN||President of National Taiwan University Hospital Bei-Hu Brench|
|Standing Director||LO ,LUNG-YIN||Superintendent of Lo Lung Yin Clinic|
|Director||WANG, JIAN-NAN||Consultant Physician, Department of Family Medicine, Chi Mei Hospital|
|Director||HO, BOR-JEE||Superintendent of Ton Hoobstetrics and gynecology Clinic|
|Director||HO, CHIN-YU||Deputy Superintendent, Taipei City Hospital|
|Director||HO, LI-HSING||President of Ho Hospital|
|Director||WU, SAN-YUAN||Attending Physician of Kuo Pin Chun Polyclinic|
|Director||CHOU, TENG TA||Vice President of Tao Shin Hospital|
|Director||LIN,WEN-YUAN||Chief,Department of Family Medicine, China Medical University Hospital|
|Director||LIN, MING-NAN||Vice President of Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital|
|Director||LIN, HAW-CHIEN||Superintendent of Lin Haw Chien Clinic|
|Director||LIN, HWA-CHEN||Superintendent of Lin Hwa Chen Clinic|
|Director||HUNG, SHOU-HUNG||Chief, Department of Family and Community Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital Yunlin Branch|
|Director||MA, YUEN-CHENG||Attending Physician of Ma Yuen Cheng Clinic|
|Director||CHANG, BIH-JENG||Superintendent of Bnan's Clinic|
|Director||CHANG, CHING-YUN||Superintendent of Chang Ching Yun Clinic|
|Director||HSU, PI-SHAN||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Taichung Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare|
|Director||CHEN,CHENG-FU||Attending Physician of Chen Cheng Fu Clinic|
|Director||HUANG, YU-TE||Superintendent of Shang Jen Clinic|
|Director||YANG, YI-CHING||Vice President of Tainan Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare|
|Director||TSAI, JAW-SHIUN||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital|
|Director||TSAI, YU-CHERNG||Superintendent of Yu Cherng Clinic|
|Director||TSAI, TU-LUNG||Superintendent of Hong En Clinic|
|Director||YEN, CHI-HUA||Chief, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital|
Board of Supervisors
|Standing Supervisor||WANG, SAN-LANG||Superintendent of Wang San Lang Clinic|
|Standing Supervisor||HUANG, CHIA-TSUAN||Consultant Physician of Kaohsiung Medical University Chung-Ho Memorial Hospital|
|Supervisor||LIN, CHI-WEI||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, E-DA Hospital|
|Supervisor||HSU, HUNG-MING||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Da-Jia LEE'S General Hospital|
|Supervisor||YANG, YU-LUNG||Superintendent of Yang Yu-Lung Clinic|
Board of Secretary General
|Secretary Genera||LI, JU-LI||Superintendent of Hui Li Clinic|
|Deputy Secretary General||WANG, WEI-TA||Superintendent of Yi Jen Clinic|
|Deputy Secretary General||LIN, YING-CHIN||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Taipei Medical University Shuang-Ho Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare|
|Deputy Secretary General||LIN, I-CHING||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Changhua Christian Hospital|
|Deputy Secretary General||CHANG, FU-SHENG||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Show Chwan Memorlal Hospital|
|Deputy Secretary General||CHANG, HSIEN-CHENG||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Lo-Hsu Medical Foundation, Lotung Poh-Ai Hospital|
|Deputy Secretary General||CHEN, HONG-LIN||Superintendent of Chen Hong Lin Clinic|
|Deputy Secretary General||CHEN, Mei-Ju||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Taipei City Hospital|
|Deputy Secretary General||CHEN, SHENG-PYNG||Chief, Department of Family Medicine, Landseed Hospital|
|Deputy Secretary General||TSENG, LIANG-TA||Superintendent of Tseng Liang Ta Clinic|
|Deputy Secretary General||HUANG, JOH-JONG||Director-General of Department of Health, Kaohsiung City Government|
Taiwan Association of Family Medicine
4F.92, Huai-Ning Street, Taipei 10046, Taiwan, R.O.C